Position Summary: Under the direction of the Director of Facilities, responsible for the day to day maintenance and physical well being of the Ontario Convention Center and Page One Café including all functions related to utilities, HVAC, structural and repair.
- Directly responsible for all activities within the engineering department including, but not limited to, hiring, training, employee disciplinary actions, annual evaluations, scheduling PM, special projects, department annual operating budget, HVAC service agreement and weekly schedules.
- Assist the Director of Facilities in development and implementation of facility compliance with applicable codes and regulations; corporate best practice, local codes, NFPA, ANSI and CAL/OSHA.
- Hands on working knowledge of: HVAC systems and mechanical equipment, electrical systems and equipment, fire suppression systems and equipment, kitchen systems and equipment, and energy management systems.
- Assess the knowledge/skills/ability of engineering staff; coordinate training for professional development.
- Perform and coordinate routine maintenance, ensures all equipment is maintained to factory specifications.
- Performs major and minor repairs to heating, ventilation, air conditioning equipment.
- Repairs and maintains food service equipment including ovens, grills, dishwashers, deep fryers, and refrigeration units.
- Tracks and enters appropriate information into corporate Smart Maintenance Program.
- Responds to public inquiries in a courteous manner; provides information and service within the area of event orders; resolves complaints in an efficient and timely manner.
- Complete work order requests as received from the work order system. Insure that staff has balanced workload and completes work orders in a timely manner.
- Ensures that safety plans are fully in place, that all maintenance and contract staff are trained on proper safety issues, and that all safety policies are followed.
- Attends weekly operations meetings, staff meetings, safety meetings, and event meetings.
- Operates equipment including, forklifts, power sweepers, power scrubbers, boom lifts, electric carts, and miscellaneous hand and power tools.
- Recommends requisition of supplies and materials to the Director of Facilities.
- Complete daily reports in detail at end of shift.
- Perform miscellaneous duties as directed by the Director of Facilities.
Required: High School Diploma or GED
Five years supervisory experience in the operation of large public assembly, hotel or other commercial facility.
Desirable: AA/BA/BS Degree with an emphasis in HVAC, electrical and or mechanical engineering preferred.
Valid California Driver License
EPA – Universal certification
C-10 and or C-20 License preferred.
Operating principles of a wide range of heating, ventilation and air conditioning units
Maintenance and repair techniques of food service equipment
Electrical best practices
Life/safety and Fire control systems
Building automation systems, i.e., And over Controls, Strand lighting etc.
Communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing
Relate technical information to non-technical individuals
Excellent organizational skills
Ability to prioritize and handle multiple projects simultaneously
Strong customer service skills
Operate modern office equipment, including a computer and applicable software
Operate a motor vehicle
Operate equipment, such as forklift, boom lift, electric carts, radio devices, etc.
Physical and Environmental Requirements:
Position requires heavy lifting, climbing, carrying, stooping, crawling and equipment
operation both indoors and out; may be subject to adverse conditions; work extended and/or irregular hours including nights, weekends and holidays, as needed.
SMG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor